Thursday, December 3, 2015

Time to Take Action

by Angie Cardinal

Let's better Farmington.

Sounds like quite a broad statement, but we can do it.

Farmington is a blue collar town with some of the most honest, hardworking people I have ever met and the caring folks around this community want to better Farmington. Whether through economic development, improving roads, advancing schools or countless other areas, bettering Farmington is often a hot topic around town.

Since moving my family to Farmington two and a half years ago, I've made a concerted effort to insert myself into the community in many ways. My husband was born and raised here, but I'm not from around here and for the most part, I have received positive feedback and support from my family, the new friends I have made and the new acquaintances along the way.

People's willingness to help and learn more about what's going on around town has prompted me to start this blog. As an active member of the 500 Boys & Girls Club and the PTA and a concerned citizen at school board meetings, I have learned more about this town in two and half years than I could have ever imagined.

While people are eager to know more, it's been challenging to keep concerned and caring families updated with all the information that I come across. So, this blog is meant to catch you up on the important details and facts that I observe along the way with a focus on the schools as that is my passion.

Sure, I will insert my opinion when I see fit, but my intent is to fill you in on the different options we have when we want to make change in our community.

Armed with more information on what is happening at our schools and important upcoming meetings and votes, we can better Farmington.

Thanks for taking the time to read and check back soon for more.

1 comment:

  1. The more we can learn about our little "TIGER" town the better.. Congratulations on your new BLOG <3

    ReplyDelete